FRITZ!WLAN Stick v2 Service - Knowledge Base
Installing the FRITZ!WLAN Stick
The driver software for your FRITZ!WLAN Stick is installed automatically when you insert it into the USB port on your computer. This driver software integrates the FRITZ!WLAN Stick in your computer's operating system and provides the control software FRITZ!WLAN for monitoring the wireless connection (WiFi).
Requirements / Restrictions
- Windows 8 or Windows 7 (64-bit or 32-bit) is installed on the computer.
1 Downloading the latest driver
- Call up our download area in a web browser.
- Select the product group "FRITZ!WLAN" and then the product "FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick". Both FRITZ!WLAN Stick and FRITZ!WLAN Stick v2 use the same driver.
- Download the latest driver for your FRITZ!WLAN Stick.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!WLAN Stick to the computer
- Insert the FRITZ!WLAN Stick into a USB port on your computer.
Windows detects the FRITZ!WLAN Stick automatically. This process may take some time.
3 Installing the driver
The driver installation procedure starts once Windows detects the FRITZ!WLAN Stick:
If you do not experience problems with the installation procedure and the message "Installation of ... was successful" is displayed when installation is finished:
- Click "Close".
If the window "CD drive [...]: FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick [...]" is displayed:
- Click "AVM FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick [...] Installation" and follow the instructions.
4 Installing the latest driver
- Double-click the file "avm_fritz!wlan_usb_stick [...].exe" and follow the instructions.
Now the FRITZ!WLAN Stick is installed and you can set up the wireless connection to the wireless router.