FRITZ!WLAN Stick v2 Service - Knowledge Base
Uninstalling the FRITZ!WLAN Stick
The FRITZ!WLAN Stick's driver integrates your FRITZ!WLAN Stick into your computer's operating system as soon as you connect your FRITZ!WLAN Stick to the computer. If you would like to uninstall the driver and remove it from the computer again, we recommend using the latest driver software from our website to uninstall the FRITZ!WLAN Stick's driver quickly and easily. If you currently cannot download the latest driver software from our website, you can also use the Windows Device Manager to uninstall it.
1 Using the latest driver to uninstall
- Download the latest driver for your FRITZ!WLAN Stick from our FTP server ftp://ftp.avm.de/archive/cardware/.
- Run the downloaded file "avm_fritz!wlan_usb_stick....exe" (double-click the file in the Windows Explorer, for example).
- Click "Yes" and "Next" until the window "Welcome to the Windows setup for the AVM FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick" appears.
- Click "Continue" and select "Removal" in the next window. If you cannot select "Removal", then the driver has not been installed yet. In this case, click "Cancel".
Fig.: Using the latest driver to uninstall the FRITZ!WLAN Stick
- Confirm with "Next".
2 Using the Windows Device Manager to uninstall
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows key + Pause key.
- The window with basic information about your computer opens.
- Click "Device Manager".
- Open the device class "Network adapters".
- Right-click "AVM FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick" and select "Uninstall".
Fig.: Using the Device Manager to uninstall the FRITZ!WLAN Stick
- Follow the instructions.